Here at Select Business Solutions, we offer our clients throughout the South West, a range of cost effective solutions aimed at enhancing the financial function of any business however small or large.
Bookkeeping is seen by many as a laborious and timely task. We agree, it is, but we make the best out of any bookkeeping case by ensuring that the system and function is setup correctly, can provide the client with relevent information and allows accuracy and compliance with HM Revenue & Customs. Bookkeeping for us, is more than just entering paperwork onto the computer, its about having the chance to monitor income and expenditure, make suggestions that may save our clients money or enhance sales and to get a feel and grasp of how each business works and what they do. We operate in such a manner that we ask any questions or queries that we may have, as and when they arise rather than many months after in retrospect. We also like to provide our clients with an idea of what potential tax liabilities may arise, at regular intervals for planning and cashflow.
Select Business Solutions is cost effective, professional and friendly. We pride ourselves on being easy to contact day, night or weekend and we enjoy being able to help our clients to be successful. We cover Cornwall and Devon from Lands End to Exeter. When considering what type of bookkeeper to appoint you always need to be sure that the following criteria is covered:
1) Your bookkeeper is experienced and can produce detailed and accurate work to Trial Balance level
2) Your bookkeeper should be experienced in using software such as Sage Line 50 or Quickbooks, they should also understand the double entry procedures
3) Your bookkeeper should be able to keep your records in such a manner that they are easy to understand, information is easily obtainable and they would stand up to any scrutiny from HMRC or any other inspection that may take place
4) It is vital that your bookeeper has professional indemnity insurance in the event that theire is any serious issues that may arise in the future from the quality and accuracy of work produced by them
5) Your bookkeeper should be able to cover areas such as VAT returns, PAYE and Payroll, Bank Reconciliations and have an understanding of Fixed Assets Registers.
Although we offer Accountancy as a large part of our service to clients, we ensure that our bookkeeping department is a sensibly priced entity that would be able to give you value for money in terms of the quality and accuracy of our work. It is now more important than ever to ensure that your business is compliant with HMRC and that generally accepted accountancy priciples are adopted when preparing the bookkeeping and annual accounts.
Call us today on 08432 894315 to find out more about our bookkeeping solutions or for a cost effective quote.